KDE/kdepimlibs/syndication

Peter Kümmel syntheticpp at gmx.net
Tue May 1 10:36:35 BST 2007

David Faure wrote:
> On Monday 30 April 2007, Christian Ehrlicher wrote:
>> Frank Osterfeld schrieb:
>>> SVN commit 659695 by osterfeld:
>>>
>>> port to boost::shared_ptr
>>>
>> Do we really need boost here :(
>> Another dependecy in the long list...
>
> http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-pim&m=117768973320708&w=2

Still don't think it is worth the trouble. It is much
to much overhead to install hundreds of headers because
of one smart pointer all could be done without boost and
the available smart pointers (call fclose in a destructor).
It's too much to only ease the job of some developers.

It is only a question of time until the parts which are not
header-only will be used.

But when we now have boost in the tree I propose to drop
Qt signal/slot mechanism and to use boost's signals because
it has static type checking ;)

Peter