Proposal: dlopening the file dialog

Jaroslaw Staniek js at iidea.pl
Thu Mar 29 20:44:54 BST 2007

David Faure said the following, On 2007-03-29 20:38:
> Coolo and Dirk convinced me yesterday of the following approach:

[..]

Hello,

A quick question here: how about so called "FileDialog daemon":
- by behaviour very similar to kdialog app
- starting at KDE startup and then listening to DBUS requests.

Would this be on of the fastest possible ways to display file dialogs of many
kinds (and some other general purpose dialogs, like fonts) or am I missing
something?

The dialog could be of course wrapped in the similar file dialog API we have
already, and since it is alive all the time, it could cache some data like
data structures or even widgets for a number of recently used directories.
Users usually start browsing from the same "home" or some sort of "my
documents" location again and again...

--
regards / pozdrawiam, Jaroslaw Staniek