Proposal: dlopening the file dialog

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Thu Mar 29 20:17:05 BST 2007

On 29.03.07 20:38:58, David Faure wrote:
> Redesigning KFileView would be a very big undertaking given the number of views that use it
> (KCombiView, KFilePreview, and the old views which I have locally renamed to K3FileDetailView
> and K3FileIconView for this weekend).
> And all those are public classes, used by e.g. kdevelop, mailody, kaffeine, kdebluetooth...
> so the file dialog rewrite would affect them too.

Just to clarify this: KDevelop in trunk _does not_ use KFileView,
KCombiView, KFilePreview or any such thing. It uses a QListView to
implement the filemanager and a QTreeView for the project manager. You
may have been fooled by lxr, because there's some code in lib/util but
none of that is currently used or meant to be reactivated (as are some
parts under plugins/).

Andreas

--
Don't worry so loud, your roommate can't think.