[RFC] Using KPassivePopup from KSystrayIcon

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Thu Mar 29 20:13:45 BST 2007

On čt 29. března 2007, Richard Moore wrote:
> [...]

 Gotta love people that don't consider using a shared implementation even an
option.

> > > Just to provide an example - you need to be able to put arbitrary
> > > widgets into the popup.

 Do I? From KPassivePopup docs - A dialog-like popup that displays messages
without interupting the user. What does a notification need more than some
text, possibly an image and maybe buttons? If it contains more than that it
IMHO is a bit too big and annoying to be a passive and without interrupting
the user.

> > > I don't see knotify ever supporting that.
> >
> > What kind of arbitrary widget do you put into the popup ?
> > (just for my curiosity)
>
> I've used it for fancy indicators, we'll also be adding SVG support as
> part of SoC. In addition a fork used by kopete has push buttons in it.
> The SoC thing should allow us to merge this fork too.

 SVG is still only a picture unless I'm missing something, and AFAIK KNotify
in KDE4 is supposed to be able to have buttons for feedback. If not I'm
probably going to add those bloody buggers myself because all those home
brewn notifications that cannot be changed into anything else sometimes
really irk me.

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer
SUSE LINUX, s.r.o.   e-mail: l.lunak at suse.cz , l.lunak at kde.org
Lihovarska 1060/12   tel: +420 284 028 972
190 00 Prague 9      fax: +420 284 028 951
Czech Republic       http//www.suse.cz