Access keys

Oswald Buddenhagen ossi at kde.org
Thu Mar 29 16:37:52 BST 2007

On Thu, Mar 29, 2007 at 04:37:55PM +0200, Tobias G. Pfeiffer wrote:
> On Thursday 29 March 2007, 11:09, Ellen Reitmayr wrote:
> > Initialisation: Alt-Shift-Space instead of Ctrl
> > Direct call of a (known) access key: Alt-Shift-<key>
>
> Alt-Shift? Maybe this is only my problem, but when I press Alt with my
> thumb and Shift with my ring finger, I have no finger left on the left
> hand to press Space, which I think is very annoying. [...] I know
> maybe my argumentation may seem ridiculous, [...]
not ridiculous - just implausible, unless you're suffering some disease.
in "typewriter mode" pressing space with the right thumb is definitely no
problem (and certainly a lesser one than pressing shift and alt
simultaneously - i think left-alt + right-shift + space is most
comfortable, even if somewhat weird). and in "free flying mode", i don't
mind turning my hand a bit, so i can reach space easily with my index
finger.