KDE4 default shortcut theme

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Thu Mar 29 14:36:08 BST 2007

On Thursday 29 of March 2007, Thomas Zander wrote:
> On Thursday 29 March 2007 12:52, Andras Mantia wrote:
> > On Thursday 29 March 2007, Ellen Reitmayr wrote:
> > > On Thursday 29 March 2007 11:58, Andras Mantia wrote:
> > >

> > > as an alternative. alt only works in combination with an accelerator
> > > keys.
> >
> > No, pressing Alt alone focuses the menu
>
> Yes, and the first time I saw it was in Win95.  Which IMO makes it a
> standard.

 Which however doesn't necessarily mean that much, as there's
another "standard" called pressing Win alone opens the system menu. Which
we've tried to implemented and eventually gave up. They're about the same.
Or, to complete the list, yet another similar (mis)feature is pressing Ctrl
alone shows accesskeys in KHTML.

 I'd personally like to see Alt being entirely the same like Win and Ctrl,
which is including the fate of having to go. With F10 having this function in
Gtk instead of Alt I could claim that F10 is the Linux half-standard :).

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer
SUSE LINUX, s.r.o.   e-mail: l.lunak at suse.cz , l.lunak at kde.org
Lihovarska 1060/12   tel: +420 284 028 972
190 00 Prague 9      fax: +420 284 028 951
Czech Republic       http//www.suse.cz