KDED time zone module

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Wed Mar 28 20:54:44 BST 2007

David Jarvie wrote:
>Can I assume from what you say that sycoca *is* a suitable storage place
> for the data, on the assumption that it is kept in step with the time
> zone files?

sycoca is used to share data between applications and, sometimes, to cache
across sessions.

How much CPU impact is this module going to have, on the typical case?
Typical case being normal users who care about a single timezone. Maybe
receiving the occasional meeting invitation over email with 2 or 3
different timezones.

Is this module going to parse ALL timezone files? Or just what's needed?
(this is to determine if there's a need to cache the parsed data)

Will it need to share the raw data with the applications? Or will D-Bus
calls suffice, to get the data that is needed?

    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358