Need advice for Gwenview 2 image view

Cyrille Berger cberger at cberger.net
Tue Mar 27 16:24:45 BST 2007

> Thanks for your answer Boudewijn. I implemented a basic image view using
> QAbstractScrollArea and it seems ok. I am still wondering if QGraphicsView
> wouldn't be useful to select rects if I want to implement tools like crop
> or red-eye removal. Any QGraphicsView wizard here?
I am not a QGraphicsView wizard :/ But I have used it quiet a lot. And yes
QGraphicsView simplify your life when you want to draw overlay on top of an
image. But I haven't made any benchmark, so I can't tell you if it's slower
or not that a QAbstractScrollArea, but the end result looked quiet smooth to
me (with a lot of overlay on top of the image).

--
Cyrille Berger