Need advice for Gwenview 2 image view

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Mon Mar 26 16:23:08 BST 2007

On Friday 23 March 2007, Aurélien Gâteau wrote:

> - Use QAbstractScrollArea, with a custom viewport widget. This would be
> quite similar to the way it works in KDE3 version of Gwenview (in KDE3,
> Gwenview paints directly on the scrollview viewport).

This is what we chose to do for KOffice, with quite good results. Using
QScrollArea lead to performance problems, stuttering scrolling and so on.
QGraphicsView doesn't have much scope to show what it can do when you only
have one item in the view.

--
Boudewijn Rempt
http://www.valdyas.org/fading/index.cgi