KMessageBox customizable cancel button

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Sun Mar 25 21:29:32 BST 2007

Hi!

I've already written about this several month ago:
http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-core-devel&m=115910932301884&w=2 . Unfortunately,
the final patch wasn't well timed. It was aKademy, and nobody took care of
it. Now I've finally taken the time to bring the patch back up to date.
Please, somebody apply this patch (or give me an SVN account, if you prefer).

Short summary:
Add an argument "buttonCancel" to all KMessageBox::*Cancel* functions. This
will allow applications to say, e.g.: "Save", "Discard", "Don't quit",
instead of just "Save", "Discard", "Cancel" (what does cancel mean?).

The patches:
This is a fairly trivial patch, but requires fixes all other the place, which
is why it's quite large, and no fun to maintain. The core changes are in the
file kmessagebox.core.diff. For all other modules I included patches in the
attached tar.gz. kmessagebox.kdelibs.diff is contained in
kmessagebox.core.diff, so don't apply this one directly, it's just to make it
easier to the relevant changes in all the other noise.

Some diffs are acutally 0, in which case no changes were needed for that
module.

I did not succeed in building all modules due to unrelated issues, so in these
I may have missed places that need fixing:

kdemultimedia (some unrelated build errors; hope I compiled everything
relevant)
kdewebdev (several unrelated build errors; hope I compiled most relevant code)
kdeutils (unrelated build errors in hexedit; everything else should be fixed)
koffice (some unrelated build errors; hope I compiled most relevant code)

The following modules, I could not compile at all, and hence could not patch:

kdeaccessibility: CMake Error: KDE4Internal_DIR is not set
kdebindings configure.in:172: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_PATH_GLIB
kdevelop CMake error

Regards
Thomas Friedrichsmeier