CLucene version for strigi should be =0.9.16 ?

David Jarvie lists at astrojar.org.uk
Fri Mar 23 10:14:48 GMT 2007

On Friday 23 March 2007 9:05, Jos van den Oever wrote:
> 2007/3/22, Leo Savernik <l.savernik at aon.at>:
>> How about incorporating a local copy of clucene (which can optionally be
>> turned off or instructed to use the system-wide clucene at configure
>> time)?
>> Wouldn't be the first time in KDE-land.
>
> What do we gain with that move?
> CLucene is rather big and until we actually see a problem, this is not
> necessary.
> For now we require the exact version 0.9.16a which is the last stable
> version.

Presumably that means that people may have to install an additional copy
of CLucene for KDE, if their system uses a different version. Or are
different versions binary compatible even if not source compatible? If an
exact version is required once KDE4 is actually released, packagers will
have to package CLucene as part of KDE to avoid clashes with whatever
version the rest of the system uses. Not a very satisfactory state of
affairs.

--
David Jarvie.
KAlarm author & maintainer.