qt-copy and Qt 4.3

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Fri Mar 23 05:48:35 GMT 2007

Clarence Dang wrote:
>My understanding is that if people develop kdelibs with a GPL Qt/Windows
> and then commit changes to kdelibs, those changes must be under the
> GPL, which would be problematic.

No. Your code is licensed using the license *you* choose. Neither
Trolltech nor anyone else can impose a license on the code you're about
to write.

What happens is that Trolltech doesn't let you use their own code unless
your code is GPL compatible. And "GPL compatible" doesn't mean GPL: it
has to be as restrictive as GPL or less. So, LGPL qualifies. Therefore,
the kdelibs licensing policy applies and all licenses there are valid to
link to Qt in any edition.

    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358