qt-copy and Qt 4.3

Benjamin Meyer ben at meyerhome.net
Thu Mar 22 08:36:05 GMT 2007

On Thursday 22 March 2007 00:53, André Wöbbeking wrote:
> On Wednesday 21 March 2007, Dirk Mueller wrote:
> > On Wednesday, 21. March 2007, Simon Hausmann wrote:
> > > the first beta of Qt 4.3 has just been released and in the light of
> > > the recent discussions I'd like to update qt-copy to that release
> > > next Monday. (or earlier if people want)
> >
> > Whats the release schedule of 4.3 rougly? before May 1st? Before
> > September 1st?
> >
> > I would not be in favour of updating before Monday though.
>
> Why? It should be SC and BC. We only must not use its new features
> before monday. I would like to see it ASAP.

Just a clarification that it _should_ stay cs and bc from the beta to the
release, but if some new API that was added sense 4.2 was found to be subpar
it could be changed before the official 4.3 release.  Trolltech has done this
in the past and the betas are not guaranteed to have bc to the final release.
Sames goes for snapshots, enums are tweaked, functions names are changed in
an effort to make better API's.

-Benjamin Meyer