KConfigDialog

David Jarvie lists at astrojar.org.uk
Wed Mar 21 17:45:01 GMT 2007

On Wednesday 21 March 2007 17:05, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On March 21, 2007, Tobias Koenig wrote:
>> The cases that the config is changed in the background should happen
>> really seldom, but when it happens the user should be informed about it.
>
> i'd actually consider it quite the opposite. why -wouldn't- they want
> settings
> reflected in the dialog?

Items which the user has edited shouldn't get updated automatically.

The user might have changed one of a group of items so that the whole
group is to his satisfaction - automatic update of one of the other items
in the group might not then be appropriate. It wouldn't necessarily be
easy to pre-define groups which the user might mentally create, so I think
that the only satisfactory solution is probably to warn the user.

--
David Jarvie.
KAlarm author & maintainer.