kde3 and kde4 in the same prefix (Re: KDE switched to XDG shared-mime-info)

David Faure faure at kde.org
Wed Mar 21 14:04:11 GMT 2007

On Wednesday 21 March 2007, Rex Dieter wrote:
> Rex Dieter wrote:
>
> > David Faure wrote:
> >
> >> Actually there's one easy thing you could do to help, as packager: making
> >> a list of the files that conflict between kdelibs-3 and kdelibs-4.
> >
> > Can do.
>
> Scary,
> http://www.math.unl.edu/~rdieter1/kdelibs4-3.80.3-conflicts.txt

Thanks. I would have preferred something from svn trunk rather than 3.80 though ;)
kbuildsycoca, kcmshell, all crystalsvg icons, all mimetypes: all of that is fixed already.

But I hadn't thought about services and servicetypes....
I'm starting to realize we need a "kde version" attribute in services desktop files,
and installing them under a kde4 subdir.

Not sure what to do about config files, servicetypes, images not part of icon themes,
app data files (e.g. katepart/syntax), etc....