KDE switched to XDG shared-mime-info

David Faure faure at kde.org
Tue Mar 20 18:48:12 GMT 2007

On Tuesday 20 March 2007, Rex Dieter wrote:
> David Faure wrote:
>
> > kde3 and kde4 need to have different prefixes,
>
> Will this be addressed before 4.0 release, or it something we'll just have
> to live with?

It's fixable, but as long as I'm the only one doing this kind of fixing I can't promise
it will be done before 4.0. Actually that's also true if I'm not the only one :-)

Actually there's one easy thing you could do to help, as packager: making a list
of the files that conflict between kdelibs-3 and kdelibs-4.
[unfortunately this isn't the whole issue, since some kdebase stuff is needed by
both kde3 and kde4 apps, but it's a start]