Strigi Cpp Analyzer

Jos van den Oever jvdoever at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 22:03:37 GMT 2007

2007/3/19, George Goldberg <grundleborg at googlemail.com>:
> I've attempted to create a Cpp file analyzer plugin for Strigi - files
> and diff are attached.
>
> I'm quite new to KDE programming, but hopefully this will be of some
> use. I'm expecting that people who know more than me about this kind
> of things will want to make plenty of changes to it...

Hi George,
What you wrote is actually an StreamEndAnalyzer. When you are finished
with the call to connectInputStream, the stream should still be at
position 0. This means you can call read() exactly once. I'm now
writing a simpler analyzer called a StreamLineAnalyzer which makes
your job easier.
It will have a function called handleLine which will be called for
every line in the file.
So, hold on a bit and things will be easier.
I hope i can finish it today otherwise we'll have to wait a week due
to the ABI constraints, but then i'll put a patch online.

Cheers,
Jos