qt-copy compilation error

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sun Mar 18 23:35:42 GMT 2007

On 19.03.07 00:24:57, David Faure wrote:
> On Saturday 17 March 2007, Andras Mantia wrote:
> > On Saturday 17 March 2007, Andras Mantia wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > >  I've updated my qt-copy, and I run into a weird compilation error I
> > > just don't understand:
> >
> > Problem solved on IRC by Thiago. :-) My qt-copy for some reason
> > contained full (and old) headders in include/Qt instead of redirects...
>
> That happens when you use make install in a qt configured with --prefix=$PWD.
> Use kdesvn-build, it has logic to avoid doing make install in that case.

Not only for building qt-copy, but in general I think kdesvn-build is a
nice way to keep up with kde4 changes. It allows to use a
fire-and-forget way of building qt,strigi,kdelibs,kdebase and whatever
module you want.

Just wanted to note that, because recently I heard from a few people
involved with kdevelop that they didn't know about kdesvn-build and its
advantages.

Andreas

--
You are deeply attached to your friends and acquaintances.