K*Base -> KAbstract*

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Sun Mar 18 00:49:07 GMT 2007

On March 17, 2007, Andreas Hartmetz wrote:
> Large parts of kdelibs don't actually "belong" to anybody, and it shows...

trying to fix that; thanks for helping =)

> Now that there is more time, can we agree on a policy for ALL OF kdelibs
> and kdebase and then do it?

personally, i think the change to Abstract is good as it is clearer and makes
our API and Qt's look like they belong together better (== less conventions
for people to learn == happy app devs).

as for make it for all of kdelibs and base, that's isn't guaranteeable due to
maintainer ownership of code. we can make it a guideline (barring further
objection) and add it to the kdelibs coding document on tech base. we can
change kdecore, kdeui, kio*, knotify, kparts without much fuss.

kevin would need to weigh in on solid
matthias kretz on phonon
jacob rideout for sonnet
josef spillner for ghns2 (no point in touching knewstuff, imho, as its going
to be replaced)
george staikos for kwallet
mirko boehm for threadweaver
kfm-devel for khtml/kjs stuff
simon hausmann for kross

of course, if there are no changes in the above, then we don't need to bother
them ;)

(boy. seems like some documentation of who maintains what in kdelibs is in
order.)

> Hey, I don't do this because I want to be the king of "lines of code
> changed" in the commit-digest but because kdelibs has been neglected in
> places and the API freeze is getting closer.

yep, your mind and heart are in the right places =)

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se