naming convention for internal methods

Thomas Zander zander at kde.org
Sat Mar 17 09:01:22 GMT 2007

On Thursday 15 March 2007 18:05, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> right now we have some methods which are internal to the API but can't be
> put in the Private class due to inherited classes needing access to them.
> without doing convulated things like inheriting Private classes and what
> not, i don't see it happening any other way as easily. kconfig has some
> examples of this right now due to maintaining compatibility.

Is there an idea to do the same for classes?
I worked on kprinter the other day and noted that the class KPrinterImpl is
exported while it surely is not something applications should use.
The reason its exported is because subdirs like the cups and lpd printer
inherit from the class.

Maybe this is not seen as a problem; but I wanted to put the spotlight on the
class anyway as kdeprint has not really gotten its due attention for kde4
yet :)
--
Thomas Zander