Refactoring done (was: Strigi refactor)

Jos van den Oever jvdoever at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 20:17:03 GMT 2007

> the result is less then optimal; having two namespaces. Can you tell us if
> there is a (medium term) solution to that?
> And if that can be implemented before the kde4.0 release?

The reason that it is hard to do away with the jstreams namespace is
that CLucene uses a few classes that are exactly the same as those in
Strigi. So for binary compatibility we cannot change these classes. We
can use some casting trickery to solve it, but that's not pretty.

Strigi:StreamBase<char>* a = getStream();
jstream::StreamBase<char>* b = static_cast<jstream::StreamBase<char>*>(a);
indexStream(b);

We would only need this in the CLucene backend. For other backends
this is not an issue.

Cheers,
Jos