[RFC] KDE 4.0 Release Roadmap

Johann Ollivier Lapeyre johann.ollivierlapeyre at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 16:58:46 GMT 2007

Hi,

Most people shouldn't know me, i'm an Oxygen guy working on kdegame since
few months to SVGize them, Kopete, kdeedu and others artworks (kdebase...).

> I was especially thinking of kdepimlibs, but it'll depend mostly if that
> > module will follow the release schedule. In any event, we have libraries
> > like libkdeedu and libkdegames that will probably have to freeze.
>
> Yes. I think those libs should follow kdelibs' schedule...

I can't talk in name of kdeedu, but for kdegame, i don't think libkdegames
is used outside kdegame, but only by kdegame applications. We are not at all
here in the same situation than kdelibs. In fact, this could reduce the
quality, because it will encourage devs to put things in their apps and not
in the common lib, like the theme switcher we're talking this time.

In a general view, i think a lib inside a project should be managed by the
project's guys if it's not shared with others projects. For libkdegame for
example, our perfect feature freeze should be 1 month before the games
themself, so the 1th May, but i should talk about that with others in
kdegame