Strigi refactor.

Jos van den Oever jvdoever at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 22:04:59 GMT 2007

2007/3/14, Allen Winter <winter at kde.org>:
> On Wednesday 14 March 2007 4:44:30 pm Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > On March 14, 2007, Thomas Zander wrote:
> > > b) note that there is not much using it right now and put in the
> > > changes. With the direct benefit that the naming at least will be easier to
> > > understand.
> >
> > i'd vote for this option because:
> >
> > - to not waste time porting to one api then to another
> > - as you note, most modules are not yet ported to the current changes anyways
> > - strigi isn't in kdelibs anyways ;)
> >

> As someone who was planning to start work on strigizing a kdepim file-plugin
> today or tomorrow... I'd vote for getting the API fixed up as-soon-as-possible.

I should note that Thomas' objections to the current Strigi API will
not have a lot of effect on implementing analyzers. The biggest
changes are these:
- the namespace jstreams will be renamed to strigi or Strigi
- the library libstreamindexer will be renamed to libstreamanalyzer and
- the class Indexable will be renamed to AnalysisResult

These are easy changes and should not keep you from porting your
plugins already.

Cheers,
Jos