Could kdecore depend on kjs?

Chusslove Illich caslav.ilic at gmx.net
Wed Mar 14 13:55:04 GMT 2007

> [: Leo Savernik :]
> This will penalise all users not depending on kjs-l10n-functionality.
> Can't it be made an optional runtime dependency?

By "penalise" you mean a build-time dependency? Because there won't be any
performance penals.

I haven't a clue of how to make a clean run-time dependency in this case.
Presently I need arbitrary elements of KJS API, and new needs are surely
going to arise in the future. All other depending modules in kdelibs
(kate, khtml, kjsembed) have it as unconditional build-time dependency.

It wouldn't be a problem to make it an optional build-time dependency, in
case someone needs kdecore without the rest of kdelibs, and without its
i18n API. Is such a scenario envisaged?

--
Chusslove Illich (Часлав Илић)