/tags/unmaintained (was: RFC: KSplash in KDE4)

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Mon Mar 12 21:25:10 GMT 2007

Tom Albers wrote:
>Op ma 12 mar 2007 20:53 schreef u:
>> There's a difference between a mail thread dying out and there being
>> no further comments.
>
>is there?

Ok, let's make one thing straight here: I am now not criticising you. You
did the right thing all the way through. I dropped the ball when I did
not realise that the email you posted as "SVN Guidelines" was to be the
conclusion of the thread.

What I meant about a "mail thread dying" out is when the discussion simply
ends because there are no more emails before the conclusion/consensus is
reached. "No more comments" implied to me that someone posted the summary
and no one replied with objections.

You did post that summary. It's just that you posted it with a link to
techbase instead with the proposal again. I failed to realise that.

That said, I again raise the objection to the /tags/unmaintained/3
and /tags/unmaintained/4 subdirectories. IMHO, they are unnecessary. Just
move the application directly onto /tags/unmaintained.

However, I think each application that is to be removed there should have
a README indicating the reasons for its demise, the last known maintainer
as well as the last version of KDE that it was released with --
especially for extragear apps: one needs to know which version of KDE is
the minimum version needed to build it (for released-with-KDE apps, svn
log can tell which version they came from). This last requirement negates
the need for a 3/4 separation.

    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358