[kde-artists] RFC: KSplash in KDE4

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Mon Mar 12 18:12:52 GMT 2007

On Wednesday 28 of February 2007, Lubos Lunak wrote:
>  Hello,
>
>  two things related to the splashscreen, related to each other:
> - I'd like to add a new splash implementation and would like to get
> feedback - slightly as a result of above, but not really, like to propose
> changing some things about the splash
>  So, comments, objections, flames?

 Ok, so to sum it up: I'll move KSplashX into kdebase and move KSplashML into
blackhole (http://developer.kde.org/joining/blackhole.html) in case a
maintainer for it would step up somewhen later. As for the missing i18n
support, I'll for now just leave a note in the README file and it can be done
when somebody actually asks for it (or they can try it themselves, shouldn't
be hard ;) ).

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer
SUSE LINUX, s.r.o.   e-mail: l.lunak at suse.cz , l.lunak at kde.org
Lihovarska 1060/12   tel: +420 284 028 972
190 00 Prague 9      fax: +420 284 028 951
Czech Republic       http//www.suse.cz