New class KListWidgetSearchLine

Simon Hausmann hausmann at kde.org
Mon Mar 12 08:25:26 GMT 2007

On Monday 12 March 2007 00:17:32 Tobias Koenig wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 11, 2007 at 11:10:01PM +0100, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> Hi Albert,
>
> > I'm attaching the two files. I want to commit tomorrow as it's just a
> > port from the old class and seems to be working quite good.
>
> Could you please replace 'NULL' by '0' and move the private slot to a
> Q_PRIVATE_SLOT before commiting?
>
> And maybe the setCaseSensitive( bool ) could be replaced by a
> setCaseSensitivity( Qt::CaseSensitivity ) as well :)

I agree with Tobias. I have one additional thought though:

I think KListWidgetSearchLine (with a different name) could be a lot more
usable if it would provide a widget and a sortfilterproxymodel implementation
instead of being bound to QListWidget.

In case of KIconDialog it would be just a matter of using QStandardItemModel
and QListView, which should be just as convenient as using QListWidget
directly.

Simon