KDE4 KProcess status

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sun Mar 11 23:59:43 GMT 2007

On 11.03.07 23:59:06, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> >I thought that would not be a problem with Qt4 QProcess anymore :( I
> >guess konsole still uses a KProcess (I doubt katepart uses one and
> >KDevelop itself doesn't use KProcess/QProcess except in the simple
> >outputview which I'm currently debugging). So we'll face the same
> >problems as with KDevelop3, plugins may use QProcess and thus won't work
> >sometimes...
>
> Hence the required evolution of KProcess to be derived from QProcess.
> That's the only solution, short of completely banning QProcess use
> throughout all KDE code.

Well actually in a small test app here KProcess and QProcess from
Qt4/KDE4 get along quite well, i.e. I get the finished signal for both.
The problem currently only arises when using QProcess/Qt4 somehow in a
KDE3 app using KProcess (like debugging in KDevelop3).

If you want I can put the app online somewhere or sent it as attachment
to the list.

Andreas

--
You could live a better life, if you had a better mind and a better body.