ANNOUNCE: CMake 2.4.5 will be required starting Monday, March 19th

Andriy Rysin arysin at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 22:49:16 GMT 2007

2007/3/11, Cyrille Berger <cberger at cberger.net>:

> On Sunday 11 March 2007, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> > But there also weren't major objections to requiring 2.4.5, so I got the
> > impression most people already have >= 2.4.5.
>
> Yes but no. From the other thread, not only, I got the impression there
> was an
> objection to the continuous uping of requirements, but quiet a lot of
> stable
> version of the major distributions don't have cmake 2.4.5. And it's not
> that
> this is difficult to increase version, but it's time consuming and not at
> all
> fun.

I am not taking either side but at least for Mandriva the latest cmake is
easy to install from cooker, i.e.
http://carroll.cac.psu.edu/pub/linux/distributions/mandrivalinux/devel/cooker/{i586,x84_64}/media/main/release
it does not have any extra deps besides what I have in Mandriva2007 so it's
one-liner (with urpmi configured).
I'd suggest people using other distros provide the links they use and steps
they take so that everybody spends less time on this (does this sound like
wiki or may be cmake web-page should just add repositories for latest
version available in (potentially unstable) branches for distros)....

anyway just a thought,
Andriy