an additional requirement on kdelibs

Jos van den Oever jvdoever at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 21:31:04 GMT 2007

2007/3/5, Jos van den Oever <jvdoever at gmail.com>:
> I just commited a change to the main CMakeLists.txt of kdelibs to
> require Strigi. There is no code actually using it, this will come
> next monday (promise!). Adding this dependency now will allow us to
> iron out potential problems with compiling Strigi that might pop up
> when many KDE developers try to compile it.

Now that we have seen quite a few problems related to requiring Strigi
pop up and many of them resolved, I'd like to do the next step. I'd
like to merge kdelibs-strigi with kdelibs tomorrow evening. As
mentioned before, this will change the API of KFileMetaInfo.
Underneath, it will use Strigi to get at metadata, with the express
ability to add more methods of getting and setting metadata.

A tutorial on porting KFilePlugin to strigi analyzers has been posted
on techbase and the first ports are underway.

The class KFileWritePlugin which will replace the writing
functionality will use the same mechanisms as KFilePlugin.

This week I have quite a bit of time in the evenings to work on fixing
the issues that will certainly arise because of this merge and next
week too, so this seems like a good time to do so.

If you have questions or objections, now is your time to speak.

[1] http://techbase.kde.org/index.php?title=Development/Tutorials/Writing_file_analyzers