KDE4 KProcess status

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sun Mar 11 18:44:28 GMT 2007

On 11.03.07 19:02:43, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> >Well, somehow QProcess doesn't get the SIGCHLD after being started in a
> >gdb process that itself was started in KProcess.
>
> Do I understand correctly that starting a process with KProcess makes it
> (after exec(2) !) not work with QProcess?

Not quite, just starting the app (KDevelop4) is fine in KDevelop3 (which
also uses KProcess), however running it in the integrated debugger (which
is started in a KProcess too) makes the QProcess inside KDevelop4 not
work anymore/send out signals...

> QProcess sets the signal handler but it uses an atomic integer to make
> sure it does so only once. I don't see how a pre-exec() action can
> interfere with the post-exec() status of that integer.

The KDevelop3 debugger runs gdb commands that do something for the
signals SIG32, SIG41, SIG42 and SIG43 however even after removing those
gdb commands it doesn't work.

Andreas

--
Be cheerful while you are alive.