KDE4 KProcess status

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sun Mar 11 18:40:40 GMT 2007

On 11.03.07 19:27:15, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> >So there must be something different causing the problems when debugging
> >KDevelop4 inside KDevelop3...
>
> If KDevelop4 is still using KProcess in some portions, QProcess will not
> work.
>
> You must not use the two classes in the same process. It's either one, or
> the other.

I thought that would not be a problem with Qt4 QProcess anymore :( I
guess konsole still uses a KProcess (I doubt katepart uses one and
KDevelop itself doesn't use KProcess/QProcess except in the simple
outputview which I'm currently debugging). So we'll face the same
problems as with KDevelop3, plugins may use QProcess and thus won't work
sometimes...

Andreas

--
There will be big changes for you but you will be happy.