required CMake version is still 2.4.3

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Fri Mar 9 21:22:05 GMT 2007

Alexander Neundorf wrote:
>> Not before the beta 1 is out.
>
>A rough estimate ?
>April, may, june ?

I can't give you an exact estimate since I am not privy to Trolltech's
internal decisions. And I don't think the trolls are going to publish it
either.

What I can do is make my own estimates: since the Qt4 snapshot (not
bleeding-edge) switched to 4.3.0 this Wednesday, I am guessing the 4.3.0
beta 1 release is imminent.

That is, anywhere from next Monday to three weeks. Trolltech tests the
package heavily before they release, so there are many iterations
internally before they think the tarballs are "release quality". Even for
a beta.

I might add: if we don't switch qt-copy and our requirement to 4.3.0,
we'll start having #if QT_VERSION >= 0x0403000 in our code.

    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358