an additional requirement on kdelibs

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Mon Mar 5 22:12:02 GMT 2007

On Monday 05 March 2007 14:25, Josef Spillner wrote:
> Am Montag, 5. März 2007 13:46 schrieb Stephan Kulow:
> > /space/prod/KDE4/kdeadmin/kuser/sha1.cpp
> > /space/prod/KDE4/kdelibs/kwallet/backend/sha1.cc
> > /space/prod/KDE4/kdemultimedia/libkcddb/musicbrainz/sha1.c
> > /space/prod/KDE4/kdenetwork/kopete/protocols/msn/sha1.cpp
> > /space/prod/KDE4/kdenetwork/kopete/protocols/yahoo/libkyahoo/sha1.c
>
> Which level of security-related functionality do we want in kdelibs?
> For example, both knewstuff and kdepim currently have some
> user-centric OpenPGP signature verification code, and I'd like to see
> it moving to kdelibs so we don't have to parse gnupg's stdout in
> applications anymore.

Apart from obsolete code kdepim doesn't contain such code. We use gpgme
for this since a very long time already. gpgmepp is a C++ wrapper and
qgpgme adds compatiblity with the Qt event loop. Finally this is used
by libkleopatra which is the library applications should use. Now the
only problem is that Marc (or KDAB ?) only agreed to relicense gpgmepp
under the LGPL, but neither qgpgme nor libkleopatra. This prevents us
from moving it to kdepimlibs (unless we change our policy).

Regards,
Ingo