make khtml/misc/decoder.* public

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Mar 5 16:02:28 GMT 2007

On 05.03.07 16:45:17, Anders Lund wrote:
> On Monday 05 March 2007, Olaf Schmidt wrote:
> > [ Anders Lund, Mo., 5. Mär. 2007 16:05 ]
> > > (Any encoding claimed by the file only might be correct, even if we look
> > > for it)
> >
> > If the encoding claimed by the file is invalid, then there should always be
> > a warning. For example, if I open an HTML file that claims to be latin1 but
> > actually uses utf8, then Kate should warn me (even if my system default is
> > utf8).
>
> This would happen automatically I think.

Uhm, I don't think the example is possible, after all a latin1 encoded
file may use any character from 0 to 255 and you can't find out if two
adjactent bytes are utf-8 encoded character or 2 latin1 encoded
characters, at least unless you "define" that only letters, numbers and
a few special symbols are allowed in a file... The other way around is
possible.

Andreas

--
You are fairminded, just and loving.