KConfig vs. QSettings (was Re: Porting problems with KMainWindow::readProperties())

Michael Pyne mpyne at purinchu.net
Thu Mar 1 17:36:56 GMT 2007

On Thursday 01 March 2007 12:12, Paolo Capriotti wrote:
> Ok, fine. I'll work on KConfig, even if I don't like its approach very
> much (especially the use of QVariants).
> It's just that I'm a bit disappointed for all the effort I've put into
> this Settings thing that has not been considered at all.

If you put that much work into Settings for your own software then it's not
wasted effort.

If you put that much work into Settings just in the hopes that it would
replace KConfig then you probably should have mailed -core-devel first so we
could have steered you off that course.

But, you live and learn. ;)

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne