KPalette* cleanup?

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Jun 29 20:59:33 BST 2007

Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> After going over KPalette (which is totally unrelated to QPalette :-) ),
> I'd like to propose renaming this to KColorCollection, and also renaming
> KPaletteTable to KColorTable. This way a: we don't have a class named
> after a Qt class to which it is totally unrelated, and b: we continue
> the precedent of having KColor* classes.
>
> I have kdelibs and kdebase patched already. KOffice also needs to be
> patched (I currently don't have a koffice checkout; volunteers would be
> appreciated). What about extragear?
>
> As promised yesterday, here is the patch (omitting housekeeping in
> kdelibs/includes). This includes better names of KColorCollection
> members and moves its data into the d-ptr. This doesn't attempt to
> completely rename private member variables away from 'palette' however,
> but that's BC+SC cleanup that can be done any time.
>
> Obviously it's... a lot. Should we do all of this? Some of this? None of
> this?

Since there have been no objections, I plan to commit this (in entirety)
on Monday. (NOTE: lxr is no longer turning up results in koffice, nor is
grep in my local checkout; either things changed (wouldn't surprise me),
or my original search was broken. I've already ported Konsole, which
seems to be the only remaining code that will be affected.)

--
Matthew
ESIG: .sig file not available