Qt4 gui performance

Tobias Koenig tokoe at kde.org
Fri Jun 29 18:16:22 BST 2007

On Fri, Jun 29, 2007 at 06:43:58PM +0200, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Tobias Koenig wrote:
Hi Thiago,

> >Is this caused by the Qt build with debug support?
>
> If you are comparing a debug against a non-debug build, it's not a fair
> comparison. Any conclusions you may be drawing from the slowness of the
> debug build are affected by the lots of code that isn't inlined.
Ahh, if that's the reason then it's ok.

I just feared that I'll have to explain on linux events why the new KDE
is so slow although we promised with Qt4 everything would be faster :)

Ciao,
Tobias
--
Separate politics from religion and economy!
The Council of the European Union is an undemocratic and illegal institution!