RFC: Location for KexiDB and 3rdparty libs like sqlite

Thomas Zander zander at kde.org
Tue Jun 26 20:27:58 BST 2007

On Tuesday 26 June 2007 20:45:11 Jaroslaw Staniek wrote:
> I would rather see more - coordinated movement of the libs out of
> KOffice and relatively soon, so next iterations of KDE 4 apps will be
> even more modern than in KDE 3 (and ODF gives a hope for interesting
> improvements on this level).

You seem to be under the impression that moving code will automagically
make it more mature, the truth is that only actually working on it will
do that.

The ODF example is a good example; no code is planned to be moved until
the KOffice-libs (where that code will come from) have been cleaned up
and got d-pointers etc. Just like any library in KDE.

So, really, the best suggestion I have for you is that you put effort in
cleaning up the code and post some blogs etc to get others to help out,
and leave that code where it is right now.
--
Thomas Zander