RFC: Location for KexiDB and 3rdparty libs like sqlite

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Jun 25 11:58:42 BST 2007

On 25.06.07 11:44:56, Jarosław Staniek wrote:

> Hello,
> KexiDB is a data/database handling library independent of Kexi or KOffice. In
> order to have it available for other apps (not only KOffice but e.g. a KDEPIM
> plugins, a KDevelop plugin, or a plasmoid, you name it) we need to move the
> stuff up somewhere in SVN.

Huh? Maybe I'm wrong, but can't stuff in playground depend on any KDE
module? Its not very likely a DB plugin for KDevelop would go into the
kdevelop module. Rather it would live in playground/devtools and be
available via <whatever we come up with for easy plugin installation>.

So having that in koffice/libs and having the plugins using it in
playground shouldn't pose a problem, unless of course I'm mistaken.

> 	dfaure	it's exactly the same: used by all modules, so it must remain BC once
> 4.0 is out.
> 	dfaure	we expect the same quality of kdesupport code, it's just that it's
> packaged separately.
> 	jstaniek	so maybe my case re BC policies and packaging is simialr to kdevelop,
> so I can reside in KDE/{somenewdir} ?
> 	dfaure	you think kdevplatform won't keep BC??
> 	jstaniek	its BC is not KDElibs BC right?

In fact it will keep BC just as kdelibs (except for the plugins subdir).
However it will only keep BC once it is released and this will not
happen together with KDE 4.0.

Andreas

--
People are beginning to notice you.  Try dressing before you leave the house.