kio_http bug

Antonio Aloisio antonio.aloisio at gmail.com
Sat Jun 23 02:18:59 BST 2007

Hello! I'm working on kblogger and i've some problem with kdepimlibs/kxmlrpcall.
Kxmlrpcall, use kio_http to post the XML request. I've observed that
the first xml request that create the kio_http slave works fine,
but the second one (that use the previous created kio_http slave) send a
empty XML request.

The bug is in
    kdelibs/kioslave/http/http.cpp
in
    bool HTTPProtocol::sendBody()
line:
    if ( !m_bufPOST.isNull() )

So, i've commented the line

  // m_bufPOST will NOT be empty iff authentication was required before posting
  // the data OR a re-connect is requested from ::readHeader because the
  // connection was lost for some reason.
  /*if ( !m_bufPOST.isNull() )
  {
    kDebug(7113) << "(" << m_pid << ") POST'ing saved data..." << endl;

    result = 0;
    length = m_bufPOST.size();
  }
  else*/

and magically kxmlrpc /kblog /kblogger works fine!!!
Probably the right solution isn't remove this if, but i want tell you
that there are some problem here.

Cheers,
Antonio Aloisio