XMP, Krita, KFileMetaInfo and Strigi

Richard Dale rdale at foton.es
Sat Jun 23 20:46:06 BST 2007

On Saturday 23 June 2007, Evgeny Egorochkin wrote:
> On Saturday 23 June 2007 20:08:50 Cyrille Berger wrote:
> > > That is why I thought Nepomuk could not
> > > solve the problem right away. What would be of interest however, would
> > > be to also store the data in Nepomuk to make it searchable and
> > > linkable. maybe for this we need a bridging ontology that links XMP
> > > data with data specified in Nepomuk ontologies.
> >
> > Yes but that's really for the future :)
>
> Not so distant. Many of XMP features can be mapped to existing Nepomuk
> ontology, and I'll consider missing XMP features when coming up with
> suggestions for the next Nepomuk ontology draft.
>
> The problem is that you can't do 1:1 nepo-xmp mapping :(
Does that mean that Nepomuk has it's own ontology, and we can't use existing
RDF ones?

Is it ok to read from the Redland triple store directly or should it always be
done via a Nepomuk service? I ask because Ruby has some nice software for
reading and writing to rdf stores (ActiveRDF), and I would like to be able to
use those apis for kde/ruby programming. QtRuby/Korundum can use QtDBus too.
Should C++ programs access Nepumuk via Soprano (or ActiveRDF for ruby), and
hence the triple store directly, or only go via a dbus api?

-- Richard