Semantic tags for i18n, official proposal

Chusslove Illich caslav.ilic at gmx.net
Sat Jun 23 18:04:00 BST 2007

> [: Tom Albers :]
> By adding the semantic tags in the comment fields, I assume similar
> messages with the same context info still get merged with each other (and
> different semantic contexts split)?

Exactly.

> Also I would suggest some hidden tag where you can provide more
> information for the manual.

I also have a feeling something could be done in this regard, but couldn't
think of anything concrete for the moment.

> When are you planning to commit this? Is the plan for KDE4.0?

It is done, I was just waiting for any other thoughts. I plan to commit
during the week (right now I'm urgently fixing something else). Semantic
markup anyway breaks no compatibility, so it can go in at any moment.

> I would suggest to add it as requirement for new apps (add it to the
> kdereview procedure) and let krazy report them, but to prevent a huge
> amount of issues, keep them out of the total issue count.

Something like that, yes. I should also write that Krazy check any day now,
and we'll see about the reporting heuristics...

--
Chusslove Illich (Часлав Илић)