XMP, Krita, KFileMetaInfo and Strigi

Sebastian TrĂ¼g strueg at mandriva.com
Sat Jun 23 16:45:59 BST 2007

Hi guys,

my 2 cents from the Nepomuk point of view:

XMP seems to be a pseudo-standard already in use so there is no point in
trying to replace it with a Nepomuk ontology. In addition the XMP data is
stored in the file itself (right?). That is why I thought Nepomuk could not
solve the problem right away. What would be of interest however, would be to
also store the data in Nepomuk to make it searchable and linkable. maybe for
this we need a bridging ontology that links XMP data with data specified in
Nepomuk ontologies.

But as far as KFileMetaData is concerned I also think it would be good to make
it powerful enough to handle the metadata used in Krita. However, since the
KDE API is frozen, how about you, Cyrille, model your xmp lib very closely to
kfilemetadata so it can easily be merged in KDE 4.2 or 5.0 or whatever.

Cheers,
Sebastian