functions "reimplemented" in KDE that were virtual in Qt3 but are not virtual anymore in Qt4

Matthias Kretz kretz at kde.org
Fri Jun 22 23:37:59 BST 2007

long subject...

I just realized that KSettings::Dialog::show() is not reimplementing a virtual
QWidget::show() anymore. To get that effect we should be using showEvent
instead (IIUC). A short look into lxr revealed that this is not the only
class in kdelibs that "reimplements" show:
http://lxr.kde.org/source/KDE/kdelibs/kde3support/kdeui/k3aboutdialog.h#330
http://lxr.kde.org/source/KDE/kdelibs/kdeui/util/kpassivepopup.h#364
http://lxr.kde.org/source/KDE/kdelibs/kde3support/kdeui/k3dockwidget.h#621

I it possible to make an automated check for all reimplemented non-virtual
functions?

http://Vir.homelinux.org/
Matthias.Kretz at urz.uni-heidelberg.de