'strict' color mode?

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Jun 21 23:39:26 BST 2007

Olaf Schmidt wrote:
> And you have convinced me that "KColorScheme::strict()" is a bad name.
> How about naming it "KColorScheme::noBackgroundImagesByDefault()"
> or "KColorScheme::defaultToPlainBackground()"?

How about "KGlobalSettings::allowBackgroundImages()" (as in the other
thread)? :-)

> In the user interface, we would still name it
> "Strict Mode: Only use these colors by default" (which is the result of very
> long usability discussions).

Right now I am thinking that there are global color roles (first tab,
"system color scheme" or some such) and then there are application
overrides ("application color schemes"). IMO the second tab should have
a big check box at the top 'enable application-specific colors' that
enables/disables the rest of the controls. (And of course alters KCS's
behavior appropriately...)

But of course we don't have to decide this now :-).

--
Matthew
"Request to turn back time / And rectify my wrongs..."