Detaching [QK]Process

Alex Merry huntedhacker at tiscali.co.uk
Thu Jun 21 00:37:36 BST 2007

While trying to do the last remaining port from K3Process to KProcess in
kdelibs, I ran across a problem.

KFileSharePropsPlugin [kio/kfile/kfilesharedialog.cpp] uses
K3Process::detach() in its destructor to make sure the kdesu process it
starts does not get terminated when KFileSharePropsPlugin is destroyed.
KProcess does not appear to have a similar method.

I thought QProcess::close() might do it (the APIDOX suggest so), but -
looking at the source code - it actually kills the process.

Any ideas on what to do?

Alex

--
KDE: http://www.kde.org