KDirModel and Nepomuk

Rafael Fernández López ereslibre at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 14:16:42 BST 2007

Hi all (and David),

I have been thinking we could implement on Dolphin two more kind of
sortings, for example:

- Sort by rating
- Sort by tags

The first one is trivial. But the second isn't, since a file can be at more
than one category (each category is a tag). I have one issue about the first
one too (by rating). It will be probably be faster if KDirModel provides the
Nepomuk::Resource somehow (for example giving it a QModelIndex or a
KFileItem*). I don't know how could we face the issue of the same item being
at different indexes for the second kind of sorting, but maybe we can do
something on KDirModel code too.

If you have any thoughts of implementing this (David), tell me, or I can
even take a look and see if I can do something. This kind of things is what
makes the difference between "pretty good things" and excellence.

We all want KDE4 to rock, right ?? ;)

Bye and thanks,
Rafael Fernández López.