Why does FindQt4.cmake add a link dependency of QtScript to QtUiTools?

Richard Dale richard_dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Wed Jun 20 10:42:02 BST 2007

I found my library had an unexpected link dependency on QtScript even though
there was no mention of QtScript in the CMakeLists.txt file. After
investigating a bit I found these lines in FindQt.cmake:

  IF(QT_QTSCRIPT_LIBRARY AND QT_QTUITOOLS_LIBRARY)
    SET(QT_QTUITOOLS_LIBRARY ${QT_QTUITOOLS_LIBRARY} ${QT_QTSCRIPT_LIBRARY} )
  ENDIF(QT_QTSCRIPT_LIBRARY AND QT_QTUITOOLS_LIBRARY)

WTF? I've no idea what problem this is trying to solve as there is no comment
against it. But it just seems plain wrong to me and should be removed.

-- Richard