KPalette* cleanup?

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Jun 20 00:44:19 BST 2007

After going over KPalette (which is totally unrelated to QPalette :-) ),
I'd like to propose renaming this to KColorCollection, and also renaming
KPaletteTable to KColorTable. This way a: we don't have a class named
after a Qt class to which it is totally unrelated, and b: we continue
the precedent of having KColor* classes.

I have kdelibs and kdebase patched already. KOffice also needs to be
patched (I currently don't have a koffice checkout; volunteers would be
appreciated). What about extragear?

As promised yesterday, here is the patch (omitting housekeeping in
kdelibs/includes). This includes better names of KColorCollection
members and moves its data into the d-ptr. This doesn't attempt to
completely rename private member variables away from 'palette' however,
but that's BC+SC cleanup that can be done any time.

Obviously it's... a lot. Should we do all of this? Some of this? None of
this?

(Apologies for the whitespace changes, I won't put those in the same
commit when/if committing any of this.)

--
Matthew
"Five is right out!"